Sunday, January 29, 2012

Second Appointment

Second Appointment


So i went to the endoscopy clinic in the hospital about a week later to have my pre-op appointment. The lady was really nice, explaining the procedure it doesn't sound pleasant but she said i will likely not remember because they will give me drugs and i will need a driver. she asked me 20 questions and then gave me some drink she said people get scammed and pay a lot of money for to "cleanse" there colon. The medicine is pineapple flavored, it doesn't sound very good. The doctor told me that the day i drink it not to plan anything because i will be attached to the toilet. I am only allowed to drink clear liquids for 2 days before the procedure. 

 Colonoscopy is the endoscopic examination of the large bowel and the distal part of the small bowel with a CCD camera or a fiber optic camera on a flexible tube passed through the anus. It may provide a visual diagnosis (e.g. ulceration, polyps) and grants the opportunity for biopsy or removal of suspected lesions.

No comments:

Post a Comment